The main aim of the devotees is to visit these Jyotirlinga temples and perform poojas at these most auspicious locations. However, with our hectic lives and our different responsibilities it is not possible to go across the country from one temple to another, to offer Poojas. Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap is one of the most important Shiv Poojas and has tremendous benefits. This pooja even has the ability to lengthen the lifespan of devotees and save them from life threatening ailments.
It is possible to perform this special pooja at one’s home, if one has the proper items required and follows the correct set of rituals.
Items Required For Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap At Home
1. Gangajal, cow milk, curd, ghee, honey, sugar, white cloth, sacred thread (Janeu), betel nuts, tulsi and bel leaves, dhatura, bhang, sandalwood paste, rice are some necessary items.
2. Other items required for this pooja are lamps, incense, flowers, fruits and sweets, roli, sacred red and white thread etc.
Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Pooja Vidhi
1. Chanting Lord Shiva’s Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Mantra 108 times with Jaap Mala.
2. Offering flowers to Shivling.and performing Abhishekam with milk and water.
3. Performing Sankalp (pouring water into a pot and asking for Lord Shiva’s blessings).
4. Worship of Lord Shiva with 5 items (lamp, incense, water, Bel leaves, and fruits)
5. Havan is performed at the end of Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap Pooja.